This translation of the original German document is for reading purposes. Only the original German version is legally binding.
§1 Information on collection of personalised data
(1) With the following we inform you about the collection of personalised data while using our website. Personalized data is all data, which can be linked to you personally (e.g. name, address, email-address, and user behaviour)
(2) Responsible acc. to Art. 4 Sec. 7 of the EU general data protection regulation (GDPR) is PHOTON ENERGY GmbH, Braeunleinsberg 10, 91242 Ottensoos, Germany, firstname.lastname@example.org (see also our imprint). Our data protection officer can be reached under email@example.com or our postal address c/o “the data protection officer”
(3) In case certain functions of our offering require us to use your data for commercial purposes or rely on third party service providers, we will inform you in detail below about the corresponding procedures. We will also define the criteria for the storage duration.
§2 Your rights
- right of access to your data
- right to rectify inaccurate data or delete it
- right to restrict the processing
- right of data portability
§3 collection of personal data while visiting our website
- Date and time of request
- time difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- content of request (specific site)
- access-status/http-status code
- respective transmitted volume of data
- website from which the request originates
- operating system and its surface
- language and version of browser-software
(5) We hereby inform you, that we track user behaviour when sending our newsletter. For this purpose, our newsletter includes so called Web-Beacons or Tracking-pixel. For evaluation purposes, we link the information mentioned in §3 and the Web Beacons with your E-Mail adress and an individual ID. The information is collected anonymized, which means that your ID will not be linked to any further personal information. This means that a direct link between your ID and personal information is not possible.
§5 Contact form
(1) Our website provides contact forms, allowing you to get in touch with us electronically. If you do so, the personal information the form requires you to enter will be transmitted to and saved by us. This includes:
Your given or family name
Your email address
Model (in case of a query related to a laser ray source)
Company name (if applicable)
The subject of your message (if applicable)
Additionally, the following personal data will be saved once you submit your message:
The user’s IP-address
Date and time of registration
As you submit your message, we will obtain your permission to process your personal data. A link referring you to this declaration of data protection will be displayed.
Your personal data will not be made available to third parties. Your personal data will be used exclusively to processyour interaction with us.
(2) Legal basis for the processing of personal data
In the presence of a declaration of consent, the legal basis for the processing of personal data is Art. 6 Abs. 1 lit. a DS-GVO.
(3) Your personal data taken from the mask merely helps us process your query. Additional personal information processed during submission of your message is used to prevent abuse of the contact form and to ensure the safety of our IT systems.
(4) Your data will be deleted as soon as it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected. In the case of the personal data collected from the mask of the contact form, this will be the case as soon as that particular conversation with you is finished. Any conversation will be regarded as finished if the circumstances permit the assumption that the matter concerned has been settled conclusively.
Any additional personal data collected during submission of your message will be deleted after seven days at the latest.
(5) You may revoke our permission to process your personal data at any point. This can be done via email at firstname.lastname@example.org via a message sent to the contact details given in the ‘about us’-section. If you do so, all personal data previously saved will be deleted.
§6 Use of social media plug-ins
(1) The social-media-plug-ins used by us are: Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn. We have opted for the so-called “two-click-solution”. This means that in principle no personal data will be transmitted to the providers of these plug-ins. You can recognise the plug-in provider by the sign on the box or by the logo. Using the button, you can communicate directly with the plug-in provider. The provider will only be informed that you accessed the respective web page if you click on the box and thereby activate it. In addition to that, the data listed under §3 of this declaration will be transmitted. In the case of Facebook, the IP address will be anonymised immediately after being collected. This is according to the German providers. Activating the plug-in leads to your personal data being transmitted to the respective (US-American) plug-in provider (located in the US), where they will be saved. As data collection by the plug-in providers relies in particular on cookies, we recommend that you delete all the cookies on your browser via security settings before clicking on the grey box.
(2) We are neither able to influence the data collected and their processing, nor do we know the full extent of data collection, its purpose, and the duration for which the data is saved. Furthermore, we do not possess any information regarding the deletion of data collected by the plug-in providers.
(3) The plug-in provider saves your data in the form of user profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertisement, market research, and/or user-adequate design of his website. Your data is in particular processed to the ends of displaying user-adequate advertisement and informing other users of the social media platform of your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles. In order to exercise this right, you need to contact the respective plug-in provider. The plug-ins allow us to provide you with the possibility of interacting with said social networks and other users, so that we can improve our product range and make it more interesting for you, the user. Legal basis for the use of plug-ins is Art. 6 Abs. 1 S. 1 lit. f DS-GVO.
(4) Transmission of the data will occur independently of whether you are logged into or even possess an account with the respective plug-in provider. In case you are logged into an account with the plug-in provider, your data will automatically be matched to it.
(5) Further information regarding the use and extent of data collection and processing by the plug-in providers is available in the declarations of data protection by the providers, listed below. These also provide additional information on your rights and the settings you may choose to protect your privacy.
(6) The addresses of the respective plug-in providers and the URLs of their data protection policies.
- a) Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; additional information on the collection of data: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084,http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applicationsas well as http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everoneinfo. Facebook has subjected itself to the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- b) Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/?hl=de.Google has subjected itself to the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- c) LinkedIN Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.LinkedIn has subjected itself to the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework
§7 Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service by Google Inc. (henceforth “Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called „cookies“, text files that are saved on your computer and that facilitate an analysis of your use of the website. The information created by the cookie concerning your use of the website are usually transmitted to and saved on a server in the USA owned by Google. However, if IP-anonymisation is activated on this website, Google will shorten your IP address in EU as well as EEA member states. Only in exceptional cases will your IP address be transmitted in full to a server in the US to be shortened there. As requested by the operator of this website, Google will use this information to analyse your visit of this website, to compile reports of your activities on this website, and to provide additional services concerning the use of this website to the operator of this website.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser to Google Analytics will not be filed together with other Google data.
(3) You can prevent the creation of cookies via the settings of your browser software. However, doing so means that you might not be able to use all features of this website in their entirety. You can furthermore prevent Google from registering and processing the data related to your visit of this website created by the cookie by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available here: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the add-on “anonymizelp()”. Therefore, IP addresses will be shortened before being processed. This makes it impossible to link them back to any particular person. Insofar as the data gathered on you is connected to your person, this connection will hence immediately be discarded and all personal data will immediately be deleted.
(5) We use Google Analytics so that we can regularly analyse and improve activities on our website. The statistics generated help us improve our products and design them in a manner more interesting for you, the user. In those exceptional cases in which personal data is transmitted to the USA, Google is subject to the EU-US privacy shield. , https://www.privacy-shield.gov/EU-US-Framwork. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 Abs. 1 S. 1 lit. f DS-GVO.
§8 Disconfirmation or objection against the processing of your data
(1) In case you agreed to us processing your data, you can revoke that agreement anytime. Such a revocation influences the lawfulness of the processing of your personalised data after enunciating it to us.
(2) Insofar as we base the processing of your personalised data on the consideration of interests, you can object to the processing. We ask you to present the reasons why we shouldn’t process your personalised data. In case of your justified objection, we will consider these circumstances and will either stop or adjust the processing of your data or present you the coercive reasons that compel us to continue the processing.
§9 Data Security
We use SSL-encryption (Secure Socket Layer) during your visit to our website, combined with the highest level of security that is supported by your browser. Usually this is a 256 bit encryption. If your browser doesn’t support this, we will use a 128 bit v3 technology. You can identify encrypted websites by looking for the key or lock-symbol in the address bar of your browser